Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mock Stroganoff (GAPS style)


     I just made this.  I loved it so much I rushed to my computer to post this recipe.  Of course I did not use an actual recipe.  I did reference an Eggplant Stroganoff recipe to see if I could actually call what I made a stroganoff.  I think I can get away with it!

MOCK Stroganoff (GAPS Style)

Things you will need:
cast iron pan
1 pound ground beef
1 large to medium size onion, diced
1 large to medium size eggplant, diced in small slices, almost like small noodles
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 cup yogurt or yogurt cheese
Directions:

1. Place beef, onion, eggplant, garlic, salt and pepper into the cast iron pan and cook on high for about 10 minutes (or until beef is cooked).

2. Turn off heat, and let cool for a few minutes.  Add yogurt to pan and mix well.

3. Serve.

     Okay, so there are not any mushrooms in this, so I may not actually get away with calling it a stroganoff, but it was SO GOOD!  And mushrooms are expensive, and a lot of people do not even like them, so that works.  We normally do not allot for beef in our budget, but ended up with some this month, and I am so excited because I can make recipes like this!

     Did I mention I love beef?


2 comments: