Wednesday, January 28, 2015

cauliflower rice


Cauliflower Rice

Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
2 tbsp. fat (lard, butter, coconut oil)
salt
garlic
freshly ground black pepper 
parsley

Directions:
Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with minced garlic, chopped parsley, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.





Meanwhile, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fat when hot.

Sauté cauliflower in a pan.


     This is really tasty with just about any meal.  It was really nice to have something with the consistency of rice for a change.  I miss rice so much.



     Of course, I did not make this today.  Today was catch up and get ahead day!  I love those days.  You know the days where the kids actually listen, entertain themselves, get their school work done mostly on their own?  Yeah, they are rare.  If you have never had one of those days, you will, hang in there.  Today we got all our school work done (we are behind), cleaned hour rooms, organized the play room and really just got back to our daily routines which have been off ever since we got sick back in NOVEMBER!  Yikes!  I had to crack the whip starting last night, but we are back to business now.  Another reason I was able to do this today was I made such a big pot of soup yesterday I did not have to cook a thing today.  I made some yogurt this morning, but other than that, nothing (but chicken legs)!  It was a nice break.  Tomorrow I will be back to making more soup, but for now I am thankful for the day that actually went according to plan, because they are SO RARE!

     Also, some of the depression and brain fog I have been feeling left me sometime during the night.  I felt so clear this morning.  That was an interesting development.  I did not realize I was feeling that way until it left.  Over all I am feeling really good today, and today is Day 4.  All I have eaten today is soup and three chicken legs *sheepish grin*.  I have drank my morning broth, coffee with honey and my two quarts of water I like to drink daily.  Over all I am feeling really good.  God is awesome.

This was the sunrise that God greeted me with this morning.  I love living in Painesdale!

No comments:

Post a Comment